Sunday, May 25, 2008

Mr. Mom

Jen left me all alone for four days, while she went to Colorado to see her youngest brother graduate from High School. I admit, I was a bit nervous, me, alone with the three boys for four days. But I have made it, She comes home tonight and have actually enjoyed it. I took the time off of work, and let's just say that my stress level is relatively low, I turned off my cell phone, and haven't even bothered to check my company e-mail since last Friday. It's been great! I can tell the boys miss Jen, especially our little mommas boy, Parker. He crawled up to me earlier today and I picked him up, he laid his head on my shoulder like he was tired, and I said, "You miss your mommy, don't you, Parker?" as soon as the word "Mommy" left my mouth, his head shot up and looked at me and started looking around the room for Jen. The boys have all had fun hanging with their old man. I took them all out to dinner last night and we all got milkshakes, (except Parker). I told them if they swam really well at the swim meet they'd get Ice Cream. I'm a man of my word. I'm in the process of uploading video of their swim meet, which I'll post later. Both of them improved on their time in both events from last week. Christian's Relay team took 1st again this week, Christian placed 2nd in Freestyle and 1st in Backstroke, Brandt improved a lot this week, He shaved nearly 20 seconds off his freestyle, and another 10 off his backstroke. We're very proud of our "little swimmers".

1 comment:

Nikki said...

I think that is great that they are swimming! How fun to have all the family at the pool cheering each other on.